Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I Got the Feva'

I think I've caught the bug... I definitely am having some serious baby fever. Or puppy fever more like it. Babies will come soon enough, just not now. But puppies... I want another- big time. I can't remember if I've blogged about it, but Paisley has some serious separation anxiety. We've had some issues with her "acting out" and things you usually hear about with kids, but they actually really happen with dogs, too. Our vet told us one of the best options for a dog like Paisley is to get another one. It has been proven that dogs with companions live longer and happier. So for the last few months I have been researching breeds. We decided we want a dog that's a little bigger than Paisley, but still not over ~20lbs. Another big stipulation is that it can't shed, which cuts down on 90% of breeds we love. Today in class I found the cutest breed in the world! Well, after papipoos of course... these are cavapoos!!! They are Cavalier King Charles Spaniels mixed with poodles. Hopefully this summer we will bring home a little bundle of joy!



5 comments:

Kara said...

mini schnauzers are <20 pounds and don't shed! :) but i LOVE king charles spaniels so those cavapoos are cute too!!

Jill said...

those dogs are DARLING! kind of gives me the fever too...maybe by the time you have a baby, we'll have a puppy :)

KMA said...

If I may, I strongly suggest checking out a Shih-tzu (excuse me). Most of them do not shed too. I have had 5 of them in my life. Love them...sweetest personality, great sleeping buddies and ours have had active lives too. They love to travel and walk or run. And yes, we got 2so they would have each other for the better part of their lives. At 9 yrs old they still play fight too - hilarious to see them flip each other over. They are great with Karleigh and she loves seeing them play too.

Jaime said...

Those dogs are so cute. I cannot belive you are ready to take on something else in your busy life though. BTW- I love the new blog look.

DiA said...

hiya maegan! just stumble across your blog and i must say, it is cute! well, most probably i saw the 'studying dentistry' part and that part attracted me to the fact that we are on the same boat.. hugs.. have a good weekend ;)