Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Happy Birthday & Happy Halloween!

Jordan turned 27 last week and Linda turned ??, so I baked a cake for the family to celebrate.  Nothing too special or complicated, but still fun to decorate.  Jordan and I went to Zinc Bistro & Wine Bar downtown to celebrate- it was delicious!  Unfortunately we didn't get any pictures, sorry!

This weekend we went back to DFW for my high school friend, Ali's, wedding.  It was beautiful and she was absolutely stunning!  Ali was in our house party, so we wanted to make sure we made it to her special day.  It was in downtown Dallas at a restaurant that has fountains outside.


Isn't she gorgeous???  I wish I had a full length picture because her dress was fabulous.  If she posts pics on Facebook, I'll post it on here because it was amazing.

We got back yesterday (Monday) at noon, and I finished up my decorations.  I've been working on Halloween decorations for over a week.  Jordan and I LOVE Halloween, so it's a big deal around our house.  I've pretty much taken down all my regular decorations and replaced them with Halloween stuff.   
You can't tell in this picture, but the tree has purple lights on it.  It also has cute ornaments like this one... 


I love these plates!  Who knew you could have Halloween damask? 


I am very proud of this wreath because I made it!  I bought a plain brown vine wreath and spray painted it, then added a hangy-down sign and a bow.  I love how it turned out! 

Sorry for the huge flash right in the middle!


I hope you guys have as much fun decorating for Halloween as I did!

3 comments:

mimi47 said...

Cute, cute! Thanks for not revealing my age - everyone already knows I'm old!

Jill said...

glad you had fun at the wedding...we missed you! and your house looks fab- as always :)

kara said...

wow! those are great halloween decorations! i really like that wreath. my decorations are so few and far between its kind of a joke in our house. i'm jealous!