Saturday, October 1, 2011

My Nemesis Revealed

This coffee table has  been my nemesis for the last 4 years.  I bought it before I got married for $100 from a very high end furniture store in DFW.  It was on sale because of it's cloudy finish.  Apparently it is some designer that is super nice, yada yada yada.  I painted the bottom and stained the top, but the stain came out really cloudy and gross.  I was hoping I could sand it off and restain it, but it just didn't work out.  Then I painted it cream thinking I could glaze it to bring out the design on top... it was horrible.  I should have taken a picture of it.  The only choice I had was to paint all of it black and distress it.  I pretty much hate it, but what can you do??  It's the best I could do.  It still is a really nice piece, but I am so irritated by it.  I want to sell it and get it out of my garage so I never have to see it again! 


Can you tell how cloudy it was?  Yuk.




I hope someone loves it and wants to take it home!

No comments: