Sunday, September 16, 2012

Seeing Red... in my Dining Room

 Please excuse the ghetto Photoshopping... but hopefully you'll get the idea.  This is our dining room:

We are for sure painting the walls red, but what do you think about the gold/yellow ceiling and inset window area?  It wouldn't this bright, but I was working with what I had. 

These dishes from World Market are my inspiration.  The definitely mesh with the rest of my kitchen and living room decorations, and I love the colors.

I want to add a modern/whimsical rug like the one below to keep the dining room from getting too formal.  I already have some yellow houndstooth fabric that I had planned on making throw pillows with, so this is perfect.

What do you think???  I'd love to know your opinions on the yellow paint- yay or nay??

No comments: