Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Near Death Experience

Today I had a near death experience. Those of you who know me well know I am not squeemish about most things and I am not overly dramatic. However, today I thought I was going to die. I had opened our patio door to let Paisley run in and out and went to study. I went back into our living room to check on her and there it was... a killer bee. Ok, maybe it was a regular bee, but it was a killer to me. Out of all the things in the world to be afraid of, bees are my fear. Give me spiders all day, but I freak out about bees. I was by myself, totally freaking out. I had to keep yelling at Paisley because she kept chasing it around and literally jumping in the air trying to catch it, all the while trying to figure out what to do. I thought about opening the door wider and hoping it would leave, but no. What if it followed me into the other room? What if it settled in my bed and when I got in it tonight it was waiting for me, ready to pounce? No, no. I had to kill it myself. I picked up our new MacArthur Park church directory and smacked the life out of it. Then, fighting off Paisley, I carried it in Jordan's hat to the sink where I washed it down the drain. For some reason I got satisfaction by turning on the dispose-all... Take that killer bee!!!

4 comments:

Jill said...

haha! maybe you do have a bit of a dramatic side after all...i totally thought you were so much more level headed than me. you and jaime have the "bee fear" in common. and i, for once, can say something doesn't bother me :)
glad you made it out alive!

Jaime said...

I feel your pain. We can be the ones screaming together this summer in Mom & Dad's pool. Ugh...I am creeped out just thinking of it. I am so glad you survived.

Ben said...

I can't bee-lieve it. Did you hear what I said? I said, bee...lieve it. Oh my side!

Tamra said...

That freaks me out for you!!! Years ago, I came home to discover my apartment had been infested with wasps. I about died! Very carefully, I backed out of my apartment and called a guy friend to come over with a bottle of spray. I let him in and didn't go back in myself till he yelled "all clear." I had nightmares for months!!!