Saturday, September 26, 2009

Jordan's Classroom

Last year Jordan floated between 2 classrooms, so this is the first year he's had his own room, and today I finally got to go see it! It was fun seeing him in his "element" with all the geography posters and globes and such around the room. I played on his chalkboard and dry-erase (I used to have a chalkboard as a kid and "taught" my dolls for hours and hours) while he picked up a couple of things he had forgot to bring home. The really exciting part was when he went into the room connected to his to show me something and an alarm started going off. It was one of those that talks calmly to you:

-siren-siren-"Attention: You have set off the alarm. The police have been called. Atención: Usted se ha puesto de la alarma. La policía ha sido llamada"-siren-siren-

REPEAT OVER AND OVER AND OVER! [Don't be impressed with my spanish, I just translated it online...] Anyways, at first we didn't know we had set it off b/c it was outside, but the more we listened, the more we could make out the words, and yep- the policia were a'comin'! We high-tailed it out of there ASAP, hoping there aren't cameras so Jordan won't get in trouble.

I don't think you can make it out on the sign, but it says "Mr. Elam, Hardin Simmons University, Bachelor of Behavioral Sciences"- - cool huh?

3 comments:

Jill said...

i loved teaching in a portable! i think my favorite thing was that you can control your own air temp...it was heavenly :)

Ben said...

Aula agradable. Jordania es un maestro caliente y puede apartar mi anyday de alarma.

You know what I'm sayin'.

Jaime said...

Cool classroom. It is kinda hard to believe that my little brother is a teacher at a huge high school!!