Thursday, February 17, 2011

Love and Cakes

Let me start off by saying, I have the best husband ever!  He is my best friend and I really think we have one of the healthiest marriages out there.  I feel so blessed to have found someone that makes me this happy, and who I love taking care of (cuz face it ladies, we take care of our husbands).  Everyone always says "opposites attract," but I have to disagree.  At least for us.  We are almost exactly alike, except he's nicer.  At least that's what my mom says...  But really, I don't think I could live with someone that was totally opposite from me.  I'm messy, so any man who expected a picked up house would hate living with me.  I don't cook, but Jordan likes junk food (like me) so that works out, too.  Exept we're fatties.... oh well.  We're happy.  We like the same movies, food, TV shows, everything!  Well, except music.  We definitely disagree on music.  Anyways, the point is, I love him so much and love having a day to celebrate our love.  Of course I wasn't very romantic and just got him some cologne, but he was really excited about it.  But he was so thoughtful!!!  He had these beautiful tulips delivered to our house on Saturday!  I LOVE LOVE tulips!  He's so good.


And then on V-day he gave me this blazer.  On our snow day we went to Bass Pro Shops and I found this, but couldn't bring myself to spend the $35 to buy it.  He remembered how much I wanted it and went back and got it for me!  He's so good.

We don't really believe in cards in our house.  Such a waste of money.  So my creative fella took one of my stationary cards and made it into a card, and then wrote a nice note inside.  He's so good.

Ohhhh and my cookie cake.  I get one twice a year- my birthday, and V-day.  Yummmmmmm!  These are my favorite!!  He's so good.

We ended up going to one of our favorite Mexican food restaurants to eat on Monday.  We were ready for the horrible wait, but when we got there, we were sat immediately.  Apparently Mexican food isn't romantic.  You know what they say... "beans beans they're good for your heart, the more you eat...."  Just more proof that I've been living with Jordan Elam way too long!

I think I told a couple of you, but on Thursday nights some of my friends from school and I are taking a cake decorating class at Michael's.  You would think 4 dentists would be good at fine detail work... maybe not so much.  This is my cake from tonight.  It is so much fun to get away for a few hours and do something colorful!  I'm pretty sure we eat half the icing, but we leave enough to get our work done.  Next week are cupcakes with pom-pom flowers!!  So exciting...!!

No comments: