Saturday, February 19, 2011

Rodeo

Jordan and I went to the San Antonio Rodeo for the first time since we've lived here last Friday.  We went with a couple of friends and had so much fun, but didn't stay for the concert because it was Train, and we just don't like them.  I was lucky enough to score some free tickets to last night's rodeo from Jill and Brody, and I was so excited because it was Martina McBride.  She is one of my favorite country singers and I think she is absolutely beautiful.  Jordan was having a "guys night," so I took Traci and we had a blast!  Here are a couple of pictures from where we were sitting WAYYYY up at the top. 



And here's a little clip of Martina singing.  Wow, what an amazing voice this woman has!!

While I was sitting at the rodeo last night with Traci, Jordan texts me and says his friend gave him 2 more tickets to today's 'Extreme Bulls' and that they were awesome seats.  3 times in 8 days??  Heck yes!!  We knew we were getting good seats, but really?!?!  3rd row from the railing?  Those bulls are a lot bigger than they look from the nosebleed section!!  It was so amazing to be so close to the action and get to see the cowboys up close and personal.  And let me tell you... they are all really cute... until they take off their hats and they are bald!  Yuk!  We were even sitting right next to the little boy who won the Mutton Busting!!  He was ADORABLE!  The concert was the Eli Young Band, which was great for 2 songs, and then we were both ready to go.  I like my country singers to be country, not rock'n'roll wannabes.  All in all, an amazing rodeo experience!!  I can't wait for next year's rodeo!

3 comments:

J. Elam said...

What's all this "cowboys are really cute" stuff? You won't ever let ME wear my wranglers or hat!

Deigh said...

Just bookmarked your blog. How too much fun! Just saw George Strait, Reba, Leeann Womack. Hope you all are well.

mimi47 said...

Glad you guys had fun at the rodeo - great memory! We used to take the kids to the stock show when they were little too - fun times!