Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Wowzers continued...

Anyone who read the last blog about my grade and thought, "Jeez, Maegan, be a little more cocky, eh?" has to understand why I am so excited. I really feel blessed to be in dental school right now, let alone making good grades. I've always been average in college, and had a lower-than-average GPA and DAT score than my class's average, and as much as I hate to admit it, I think Warren Branch had a lot to do with me getting in (yikes!). But now here I am, with above average grades, and feeling blessed out the wazoo. My husband is amazing (he just brought me flowers) and I couldn't be happier with him. He's so supportive and helps around the house when I'm studying, even though he's dead tired from teaching and coaching all day.
However, it's days like today that I miss my parents so much it hurts. They are always there to hear my stories from the day, usually venting about how hard it is. As much happiness as I have right now, I just really miss them and wish they could be in on my every day life, but not just over the phone. Besides getting good news today, I wanted them for a different reason. Well, mainly my mommy. I don't know if I'll ever grow out of wanting my mom when I'm sick, she just makes soup the best. (This is another reason why I know God is looking out for me- I didn't get sick until after my test, literally just hours. There's no way I could have focused if I was feeling like this, so thanks God, you're the best.)
So there you have it. I want my mom like a little kid; I guess in some ways I still am a kid, just married and in professional school....
I don't want you to get the wrong idea, b/c I love Jordan taking care of me. He brought me flowers to congradulate me and some Vick's kleenexes for my sniffles. (They are awesome, by the way) He is the best I could ask for, but I want them both here. Someday soon, they will be.

2 comments:

Jill said...

we never grow out of wanting/needing our mommies. i'm sorry you are feeling bad, but hope you start feeling better soon!

Renna said...

You made me cry! Wish I was there also. Love ya, MOM