Thursday, January 22, 2009

Maybe This Will Help...?


After reading a Weight Watchers magazine, I got a strong craving for a buffalo burger because there was an article that mentioned them. Did you know they are more lean than chicken?? Well, I decided that after a long day of studying and a long day of baseball work, Jordan and I could reward ourselves with a Fudruckers buffalo burger. The plan was to get one each and share one fry. Well, it turned out it wasn't much more to get a combo meal, so we both got fries. And then they had Wild Cherry Pepsi, one of Jordan and I's favorite things in the whole wide world. Needless to say, my lean buffalo burger was useless in my attempt to lose weight. So, I was sitting here thinking about something to blog about and I decided I would try to blog about my weightloss experiences. Maybe if I put it out there for the world to see, it will encourage me to do better, knowing my closest friends and family know the truth about my fat-kid-ness. So here are my statistics- - don't be alarmed. Or maybe you should be....

Height 5'5"

Weight 187lbs

Waist 39"

Size 14

My Goal is to lose 10% of my body fat, putting me around 170lbs. My first and foremost goal, however, is to get below 180, which I haven't beein in over 3 years. I would like to shed 4" off my waist, putting me at 35", which is "normal."

So, I'm sorry if you get really bored with me writing about my progression, but I think it might help me... you guys are going to be like my mini WW meetings. I probably should have started off my blog with, "Hi. I'm Maegan and I'm a food-aholic." Jordan and I weigh-in every Wednesday morning, so I will give you all an update, no matter if I went up or down. That way I have some sense of accountability, even if it is to my blog. Please bear with me!


4 comments:

Jill said...

Maegan, you are very brave for putting your "stats" out there, and I know you will reach your goals!! :)

Ben said...

Great idea. I’ll join you

Height: 5’9” with T-rex arms
Weight: 230lb (if I grow a goatee I look about 229.5)
Waist: Equator … with disappearing pleats
Size: Port-lay … I still hate that suit salesman for his recommendation..but then again, how could he not resist using the word portly...great word.

Renna said...

Sorry about the "sucky genes". I would not have passed them on if I had a say in it. Thankfully, you are a beautiful young woman with many 'good genes' as well. Love ya, MOM

Tamra said...

You can do it!!! I'll pretty much tell anyone what I weigh, but have an aversion to posting it on my blog. Then again, that could also be because I'm not actually doing anything to contribute to its shrinkage. And who wants to read a "this is why my inner fat girl got out" blog? Ha! ;)