Friday, April 24, 2009

It's Official

After a month of waiting, my surgical loupes finally came in- a HUGE defining moment in a dental student's life. I am now officially dentist-esque. If you have always wondered why dentists wear such silly and ugly looking glasses, it is because they are awesome- duh! No, but really, the magnification in these babies is 3.5x, which may not seem like a lot, but it is. It helps tremendously in working on the tiny crevices in teeth. I know you're jealous and you're thinking you might want some, but they are the reason I have to take out loans. Too much money!! Now all I need is someone to practice on...
This is also super exciting- to see my name with DDS behind it gives me chills!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

Very, very cool and dorky at the same time! I am so excited for you. :-)

Jill said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA! your picture is hilarious, but i LOVE seeing that DDS behind your name. awesome, maegan. hang in there, girl! i'm so proud of you!