Sunday, November 22, 2009

Awesome

Jordan and I had the best weekend! It started with the fact that I didn't have to study! Always a plus. When I got out of school on Friday, Jill and I went to see 'New Moon'. I don't care about what anybody says, it was really good. I thought it was a lot better than the first movie (which I guess isn't saying much, but whatever). Taylor Lautner is such a little hottie! That's all I'm going to say b/c I know certain people who read my blog get super annoyed when I talk about Twilight...
Saturday was the big day... the UT game!! And even bigger because it was Beck's 5th birthday party!! We left for the game around 3 and got there in perfect time. We actually got really lucky with our parking and got to walk through campus. I had never been on campus, so it was really cool to see everything. It's just a little bit bigger than Hardin-Simmons... We got to the stadium with an hour til kickoff, so we got to just walk around and take our time. It was Senior Night, so they honored all of the senior players, trainers, and camera crew. After a few times of all the cheers, I got them down and was able to do them with all the other fans. I felt like I could claim some camaraderie because I go to UT Dental School. My diploma with say University of Texas at the top, so maybe it counts...? [Side note: The fact that we are getting to be old is apparent to us all the time. When I see young girls wearing inappropriate things, I want to slap them, or when kids are smoking, I want to give them a lecture. I still feel like I am in college, but I'm really not. Professional school is on a whole different level, even if I don't always feel grown up. The students all looked 15 to me, so I guess that's just something we've got to get used to. Ugh! We are the old farts now.] We stayed the whole game (which took forever..) and didn't get home until 1:15am, but it was totally worth it. We had so much fun!! Jordan loved his present!

2 comments:

Jill said...

the movie was great, and i'm glad you got to experience UT football live. it's awesome!! you looked perfect in your sweater :)

Jaime said...

y'all look so cute!! Glad you had a good weekend, sad I couldn't see the movie too. I guess I am the only sibling not to go to a UT game this year. :-(