Sunday, March 28, 2010

Home Sweet Home

My mom and dad are coming here for Easter, and I want our place to look amazing. My mom hasn't been here since the weekend we moved in, so she hasn't seen any of my decorating, which is crazy ridiculous. We are BFF and she usually is always the one to help me shop for decorating items. I had a really hard time without her. I had originally bought some plants for our front porch that were part shade, thinking we got some sun in the morning. It quickly became apparent that we don't get any sun, and my flowers were dying. I had to move all of them to our back yard, and they are doing great. Our porch has been bare for the last couple of weeks, and even my landlord noticed my missing flowers, so I thought it was time to spruce it up again. I also realized while I was outside that I never posted a picture of the front of our place, so here it is. Eventually we want to get something to go in that random space to the left of the stairs, but we just can't figure out what. Any ideas? That are cheap....

I know it's only March (almost April!!), but I am already excited about decorating it for Christmas!! Anybody else see garland wrapping up the railings?!

2 comments:

Jill said...

christmas!?! you crack me up :)
your mom will love your space...she taught you well-it looks fantastic!!

Lydia said...

what about a tree/shrub type item? One that doesn't grow too big, but is twiggy, and then you could put twinkly lights on it at christmas time :)

Either that or a big blow up easter egg!! Just kidding. Please don't put a blow up anything there.