Monday, April 26, 2010

Last Week

I probably should have posted this before our big news, seeing as it all happened over a week ago, but I had 3 finals last week so I'm behind. Jordan and I got to hold sweet baby Jemma the day she came home from the hospital. She is beautiful and so good! With my crazy schedule I haven't been able to go back over there, so hopefully I can sometime this week.
Now for my trip pics. My grandpa turned 80 on April 18, so my family threw him a big party in Greenville, SC. My brother and I flew out there and surprised him- it was awesome! The Biltmore is just an hour from my aunt's house, so we went there first. It was amazing!!! I had been wanting to go forever b/c my parents have been several times and this was the first time I had been out there. I didn't get a lot of pics on my camera, but my mom has a million. Here are just a few. The ones of the whole house and the room inside aren't mine, but everything else is.
My favorite thing about the house was that they had hydrangeas everywhere (which are my favorite)! It was the Festival of Flowers, so every room had fresh arrangements that were ridiculously beautiful. This is a pic in the conservatory.
They have a winery on the property with wine tasting. It was so fun to try all the different wines! This is a room in the conservatory with a wine theme.
We were so fortunate to come when we did! Back home, my parents and I used to go to the Dallas Arboretum every year to see the tulips, and it happened to be the time that the tulips were in bloom at the Biltmore. It was breathtaking!
I made my family go to this McDonalds afterward. It was on the Travel Channel as being one of the most extreme fast food places in America. It has a fireplace and a grand piano.
On Saturday our whole family went to the zoo before Papaw's party. These are my
dad's sisters, Sonia and Deigh, Deigh's husband, David, his son Clayton, Deigh's kids, Emilee and Spencer, and Em's boyfriend, Andrew. (That's a lot of names, sorry!) My parents, Trey, and I also went to downtown Greenville where they have a really cool waterfall with a bridge spanning it and the most amazing landscaping I've ever seen in a downtown area. I'll for sure post pics of that when I get them. The cousins.
Papaw opening his presents.
The whole family!!
I had so much fun seeing my family since I hadn't seen most of them since our wedding. I can't wait to take Jordan back there and show him all the sites. Plus they are just a few hours from Charleston and Savannah, so we'll hit those up, too. Thank you so much Sonia for everything!

2 comments:

KMA said...

So happy you made the trip! It's wonderful to be a part of those special times!
I LOVE the Biltmore. Wade and I took a trip there right after we bought our 1st home in Little Rock. We stayed in town in a sweet B&B for an extended weekend. It is amazing to walk the grounds and house. Can you imagine living there? Gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

It was great having everyone here. You MUST come back with Jordan