Friday, December 26, 2008

Oh.. My.. Gosh

This is probably the highlight of our entire trip. Amazing. Last night my dad, mom, Jordan, and I were sitting downstairs watching 'Christmas in Connecticut,' when wall the sudden, Jordan goes, "Maegan! Maegan! Come look!!!" There are 2 sliding glass doors going out into the back "yard" and so I jumped up and searched for what he was trying to show me, thinking it was a rabbit or something like that. But no. Not 50 ft from where we were was a wolf. I kid you not. A wolf!!! We had thrown food out for the birds, and he was coming to investigate. It was the most incredible thing I've ever seen!! Of course, Paisley jumped up from all the comotion and wanted to see as well... and immediately started growling. I tried to keep her mouth shut, but it was too late- the wolf had heard her. He looked straight towards the windows, trying to figure out what was going on. He slowly and cautiously walked into the darkness, always with his eyes on us. And so it was our "Great Protector" who scared away the most beautiful creature we had ever seen. Too bad she doesn't know she's only 5lbs! Jordan and I ran around the house getting our cameras- just in case he came back. After about 10 mins, we had the brilliant idea of taking our left over sausage and putting it outside where the wolf was, trying to lure him back. Jordan bravely went outside and placed a plate full of raw sausage right where the wolf had been. Then we waited. My dad, Jordan, and I watched intently out the window for a while, then watched a movie, always with our peripheral vision on the glass doors. Unfortunately, our efforts were wasted. He was long gone.

This morning we got on the computer to confirm whether it was really a wolf, or just a coyote. But after looking at tons of pictures from Google, we all agree- wolf. Do you know how rare a wolf-sighting is?!? This is one memory we will never forget!! A WOLF!!!

This is exactly like what he looked like!

1 comment:

Jaime said...

SCARY...please don't send my baby brother out there again with sausage!