Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I don't know if you all are aware, but Jordan and I both have a love for anything Irish. I remember before we were dating we would talk on instant messenger and his icon was a clover- we were destined to be together. In the spirit if St. Patty's Day, I looked up several Irish/English family crests for family and friends. First, I'd like to tell you that I am Irish! Wahoo!! (Ok, so there's a possibility that I'm Scottish or English, but who cares!) "Johnson" comes from the Irish surname "MacSheain." Sounds cool right?! I like it! I also looked up "Elam" b/c none of my new family seems to know where they came from- and no, it's not the Middle East. (Although I'm sure we did descend from the Elamites..) The Elams are from England and moved to Virginia. In the mid 1850's, an Elam moved to Texas, and thus we have my hubby!

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Well, I'd like to clarify that not "no one" in your new family knows, because you didn't ask me. :-) we have ancestors that were Scotch-Irish. Also we do have English in us too, I think.