Saturday, March 7, 2009

Still Laughing

This happened a few days ago and I didn't get a chance to blog about it., but I still laugh out loud when I think about it, so I think it's worth sharing.

I went to class (for once) and my professor came in with a very odd appearance: a dress shirt and wind pants. He proceeded to apologize and lift his pant leg up to show us a HUGE scar running down the middle of his right knee. Apparently his quadricep muscle had completely come unattached and had to be reattached. OUCH!! At that point, I think we were all very impressed that he was even lecturing to us.

About fifteen minutes into the lecture, he suddenly stopped mid-sentence and said, "Excuse me! My pants just fell down!" He bent down all the way to the floor to pick up his pants... that had fallen.... in front of 97 dental students... to the floor. This is a true story, people- no lies!

Thankfully, he is a very outgoing, jolly man, who laughed just as hard as us. It didn't even bother him that 10 minutes after the "incident," one of my friends was still laughing so hard he had to get up and walk out of class. If we thought he won the teacher of the year award before- he definitely has it now! He continued to lecture for the rest of the hour, even as random giggles broke out through the class. At the end he said, "I would lecture for another hour, but I don't think I could keep my pants up!"

Like any good class would, we bought him a pair of suspenders and a sympathy card for his tragic loss- his pants.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Hey Maegan! I didn't know yall blogged either! I'm totally going to add you to the blogs I follow. OMGosh, biomaterials was so hilarious...poor Dr. Norling. Anyways have a great day and I'll see you in class!

Jill said...

that is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!