Friday, August 7, 2009

Finally another Fun Food Friday

This week I made taco soup, which is Jordan's "favorite thing I make." It is so easy and I ended up freezing a ton of it. Prepared with ground turkey breast instead of ground beef, it only has 6pts per serving if you get 10 servings out of the pot. Yum!! (this doesn't include the cheese or sour cream) Please don't judge my chipped bowl. Somehow I managed to use the only chipped bowl out of 12. Amazing.



2 lbs ground turkey breast
1 onion, chopped and sauteed
1 can of Rotelle tomatoes
1 can chopped tomatoes (I don't put this in b/c Jordan and I don't like tomatoes very much)
1 can each: red kidney beans, white kidney beans (canellini), pinto beans, black beans
2 cans whole corn (drained)
2 cups water
1 package Hidden Valley dry ranch mix
2 packages of taco seasoning (to taste, I think I put more in- we have a bottle of it)

Sautee onion and add meat to brown in skillet. Dump all beans and tomatoes in crockpot without draining. Drain corn and put it in. Add water and seasonings. Add meat/onion. Simmer for at least 2 hours.

If you want, add cheese and sour cream. We also ate it with tortilla chips. I can't wait to have leftovers for lunch today!

1 comment:

Jaime said...

I love that recipe and have been really hungry for it, yet cannot bring myself to make soup in the summer. I am ready for the fall!!!