Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Just a lil Taste

Here are a few pictures to give you an idea of what I've been doing my first few weeks of school.
This is the lab I'm in:
This is my lab bench. I know, super cool, right??
This is one of our first projects using a handpiece in the mouth (on a maniquine). It was pretty frustrating, but it's good to finally be doing something useful.
This is my very first crown prep. It pretty much stinks....
And this is a picture of Jordan and I from our Dental School Picnic on Sunday.
Other than that, not too much has happened. Tomorrow (Wednesday) I have my first exam and I have a Nutrition final on Friday. If you need me to assess your nutritional status, explain to you how nutrition affects your oral health, or just plain bore you, please let me know. It is what I have been studying 3 hours a night for the last few nights. And yes, nutrition does actually affect your mouth. Please don't be offended if your dentist asks you about your weight...

3 comments:

Jill said...

i haven't had my coffee, so maybe this is why i'm confused...but what did you mean in my last post? maybe i would if i didn't have a phobia of throwing up...maybe i would what??
love the glimpse of your day. good luck today on your test!

Jaime said...

Hope you did well on your test and the lab looks pretty cool.

Jill said...

yes, i'm a dork and i totally got it once i had my coffee. i obviously cannot function without caffeine in the morning. pathetic, i know.