Sunday, August 30, 2009

Family Retreat and Things

I know I said this the last time, but sorry it has been so long since I last posted anything! I was kicked off my laptop so Jordan could take part in his fraternity's Fantasy Football Draft so I'm using this much needed study break to blog. Not much has happened since I last blogged, just studying, a few minor melt-downs, and Family Retreat.

I don't know if you know, but my husband is a rockstar... Once a year he gets to rock out in front of a crowd at Family Retreat. He looks forward to it every year, and so do I b/c it's the only time he lets me listen/watch him play. He's so humble about his awesomeness and thinks I don't like listening to him. I actually LOVE it and wish he would play for me more. We drove out to the H.E. Butts Camp (yes, the "B" in HEB grocery stores stands for Butts- the owners last name- yay Texas) with Norris and Linda. When we got there, Ben was already wanting to do a sound check, so I stayed and played with Beck and Briggs and hung out with Jaime and Linda, who were constantly having to corral the boys. I didn't get many pics, but here are a few:

Now, I know what you're thinking: "don't you go to a Church of Christ church?? Why are there instruments involved??" And my response is yes, it is a little ironic that Jordan plays in a band that consists of the preacher (on drums), the song leader (on guitar and vocals), and several other prominent leaders in our church. Not to mention Herb Smith (an elder) who rocked out on the harmonica and the McCauleys (another elder) who have their own family country band. Which by the way, inspired me to learn to play the bass b/c Denisa looked so awesome playing! Maybe next summer we'll break out the Electric Elam family band. We'd def have to come up with a better name by then.



I'm so proud to be his wife! If you don't know who my brother-in-law Ben is, he's the one next to Jordan. He's our song leader and my non-Elam bud. We share a love for food and must stick together at all times.

This little girl twirled in a circle with her head on her shoulder for about 20 mins. I just thought it was funny!

3 comments:

Jill said...

we were so sad to miss it this year, so thanks for the recap!
i am sorry that you are so smart that you are in dental school :), but i am really proud of all your accomplishments and your dedication. you will make an excellent dds one day!
i hope we can go get our manicures SOON! miss seeing you~

Jaime said...

I thought it was funny that she just kept spinning in circles too. She must have been very dizzy by the end of the night. Thanks for all your help with the boys. I really appreciated it.
:-)

kara said...

maegan i found your blog and am officially following you now! i personally think electric elam is quite catchy and clever ;)