Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Birthday Boy

Yesterday was Jordan's 25th birthday- - 2 -5-!! That's a quarter of a century! I can't believe how old we are getting.

It feels like yesterday that we just met as young pups,


and now look at us- 5 1/2 years later!

[Oh to be young again... oh well.]


We didn't get to do anything too exciting because I had a test today, but we did go to Cheesecake Factory- yum! Also, I have to say, I gave him the best present EVER! If you don't know Jordan, then I will let you in on a secret... he LOVES (and I mean loves) University of Texas football. I'm not sure where the obsession comes from (yes, I know his dad went there, but my dad went to the University of Memphis and I don't bleed blue) but it there. To give you an idea, I used to be an Aggie fan, but after a few fights, I gave up on that cause and converted. Now I love UT also, and we kind of have an affiliation now that I'm at dental school within the UT system. Anyways... I spent a week trying to figure out the best seats available, trying to convince myself they were worth the money (it is his 25th, that's a big deal!), and all the while, trying to be sneaky.


I think it paid off:


He was so excited!! So now we are headed off to Austin on Nov. 21 for the UT vs Kansas game... sitting super far away... but who cares?!


I just found this picture and it made me laugh. I don't care what anyone says, I love George W. I was proud to have him as our president and proud that he claims himself a Texan. Apparently he is also a UT fan... catch the longhorns sign by his side!!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

Cool gift! Y'all will have a blast at the game!

Jill said...

i'm so glad you got that on video. jordan always has the best expressions when he's excited. great job, wifey :)