Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Oh... My....Goodness.

I just can't even begin to explain how crazy and undesirable my life is right now. I will attempt to catch up on about a month's worth of life, and I gotta tell ya, it's not that exciting- sorry!
I think first of all, this picture can just sum up how I feel. Especially in the morning....
It's frightening, isn't it? That's me saying, "why the heck am I doing this?!?!" mixed in with a little bit of "please shoot me now" and a little bit of ".........................." cuz my brain is fried. The most excitement we've had the last few weeks has been the Longhorn's (ugly) victory over OU- Hook 'em!! Other than that, not much else. Jordan has been such a good sport about the whole not seeing his wife thing, finding comfort in XBox.
I think he and I both can say,
I am quite sick of it. A few updates: the test that I asked everyone to pray for... let's just say I survived. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for 18 of my fellow students, but I shared my (elated to have it) C with 46 of my other classmates. For those of you not doing the math, that means that over half of our class got a C or lower. Our professor accused of us "cramming" and that some of our answers were "humerous" to grade. What a confident booster, eh? The be honest, I've never been so happy about a C in my life, so it's all good. There have been many, many other tests that have been so-so and good and some not-so-good.
I do have a little something to show for my 9 weeks of being a DSII... we have finally gotten to some relatively interesting stages in our labs. In Complete Dentures, we have finally formed what at least looks something like a mouth. It still remains my least favorite class, and I will never make another pair of dentures in my life. We started off with all this stuff:
And ended up with this. Beautiful, right? I'm pretty sure they will anhialate it tomorrow in lab.
One of my favorite classes however, is Fixed Prosthedontics, aka Crowns and Bridges. We have been working all semester to make our first gold crown, and I have to say I'm actually pretty proud of it. At least it's shiny and pretty!
When I'm not listening in class, I usually surf the net a little bit. I love looking at all these random blogs of women who have the most amazing decorating skills. They are so crafty and I wish I could be. I found this one lady who makes these fabric leaves, and I thought they were a cute, easy idea for all of you sewers out there.

And on to some more random news- Paisley is back! Yay! She has been at her NaeNae and Grandpa's for 6 long weeks. It is so nice to have her back home! When my dad came here to bring her back (and work) we went and saw "The Invention of Lying." All I can say is don't. It looks funny, but it's not and it's sacreligious. Big Time. One of the main story lines is that the main character lies and makes up heaven to make his mom feel better about dying. Which then progressing into him lying about "the man in the sky" and many other things, so I just wouldn't recommend it to fellow Christians. It made me sad that a movie had such a blatant attack on our beliefs! We did, however, buy "The Proposal," which is one of my new favorites. Anything else? Hmm... yes! Drumroll please...

We're moving!!!

We've decided to move into a townhome off of 410 and Evers Rd, which is super nice and has a backyard for the lil one. We'll probably be moving in January, but if we're lucky, over Christmas break. So now I will at least have a creative outlet to decorate again. I love and miss Hobby Lobby!

Sorry for such a long post! I don't have a lot of time to write/upload pics/etc., so I have to do it all at once. I'll try to do better. Thank you everyone for your love, prayers, and support! And sorry for my continued absence from life...

5 comments:

kara said...

this is an exciting post for me to read because there are some things we really have in common in there!

1. ohhh maegan it sounds like dental school and nursing school are very similar in the high-stress department and HUGE CRAZY EXAM department! but i guess you pay to have a cool job, right?? :)
2. we saw the invention of lying and thought the same thing! how disappointing. if i had known beforehand, we would have skipped it.
3. the proposal was soooo cute! it was the opposite of the invention of lying as far as expectations! i thought it would be mediocre and it ended up being one of my new favorites!

and other comments i'd like to make:
- i'm sure that crown and those dentures weren't actually any fun to make... but they look like they would be! and they look very professional :) i'd definitely rock them.

the end! sorry for the novel!

Jaime said...

I love catching up with you via the blog. I have seen those cute fabric leaves before...they look a little tedious for me, but super cute. I didn't know about the move. Is this the same place you looked at about a month or so ago? Exciting. I can't to see how you decorate it. You always do such cute things.

Jill said...

since i never see you anymore, i'm glad that you updated the blog :)
the move does sound exciting! and, i think all your dental stuff looks great. once again...i KNEW you were super smart-and a C for that test sounds like a great grade!
miss your face, girl. hope to see you saturday!!!

Kristin and Chance said...

you should be listening in class and not surfing the web, so you know the stuff that will be on your tests! hehe! glad to hear there are SOME good things going on. :)

Christi W said...

2nd year is a marathon but keep working hard and you'll make it :) Funny thing about dentures- I too thought that I'd never set denture teeth again after 2nd year. But just this week I had a crazy thing happen with my denture teeth and had to reset all the mandibular teeth (luckily with the help of my faculty) and was actually thankful that they made us do it last year.
Hang in there!