Tuesday, January 26, 2010

House Updated

Here's a little tour of our place now that it is decorated a little more. These first 3 are from the entry. The mirror was one of my Christmas presents from Jordan, and it used to be gold. The House of Elam plaque was my 2 year anniversary gift- so thoughtful! The black frames/gold toile is one of my favorite projects. It turned out so cute (I think). It is actually covering a huge, hideous electrical panel that for some reason they stuck as the first thing you see when you walk in the door. A woman did not design this townhouse! I already had all the frames and spray painted them black, and found the fabric at Garden Ridge for $6 (for 2 yds!!).


The next thing I finished decorating was our entertainment center. I don't know if I mentioned it before, but this actually is 2 bookshelves from World Market that my dad joined with the piece in the middle. He's a-ma-zing. He is also building us doors for the bottom shelves so we can hide our stuff. Yes, that is p90x on the TV. Jordan is on my right working out while I'm taking pictures and blogging. I think I'm also going to have some cereal here in a minute and love it.


I also hung our shelf/picture over our couch. The other couch has our Live/Laugh/Love pic, but I am still missing a curtain, so I didn't want to take a picture of it. Hopefully the curtain will come tomorrow- it's in the mail as we speak.
This also tops my favorite projects. I've been wanting to make the apathouioiucry (I don't know how to spell it) jars forever, and I finally got to. I plan on changing them out for the seasons/holidays and can't wait to see how they come out. As you can probably tell, I spent 4 hours in Garden Ridge and Hobby Lobby on Friday afternoon. I think it was well worth it!


Other big news for this week: I dyed my hair dark brown, pics to come. I'm not crazy about it, but I think it's just b/c there aren't very many highlights. Next time I'm going to have her put a tad of red and gold in it to break up the brown. Jordan loves it, so that's good. He says it brings out my eyes- - good answer! Also, I made my first 'A' on a big test!! After finding that out, I didn't feel so guilty about all my decorating cents spent. I deserve it, right!? Ha!

4 comments:

kara said...

wow i love that frame project! i'm practically drooling over all your decorations. your house is GORGEOUS!

Jaime said...

Looks great, Maegan!!

Jill said...

it looks great...i was just about to do a decorating post too. and the teacher in me feels like i need to help you out: apothecary :)
ps. way to go on the tests!!!

Ben said...

Hi Miz-E,
You need a pot to cary? I got a bucket in the garage. You can have it.