Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Histology is cool.

Ok, so I know I'm a dork, but I wanted to share a couple of pictures that I think are amazing from my lab today. Well, one is amazing, the other is funny. The first is of brain sand. Yes, brain sand. This is the term we were given. The picture comes from the pineal gland and the dark spots are the brain sand. I thought they looked more like blobs, but hey, who asked me? The next is a picture of a vein in the adrenal gland. I just thought this picture was really pretty and showed red blood cells really well. If you want to know what any of your organs look like under the microscope, just ask me and I'll show you. The body is amazing and God is such a creative creator!!


3 comments:

Jaime said...

You are a dork :-) But thanks for sharing. I thought they looked pretty cool too and God is an amazing creator. You know way more about the bodies he created than I do.

Ben said...

Is God amazing? Look at me! The answer is yes. Nothin' but pure awesomeness happenin' here. Just the other day I took off my shirt and Jaime said.."Good Lord!"

What a weird time to praise God...oh well. Hey, thanks for sharing those pictures you colored...you are getting better. Did your class do that after snack break or nap time? I love your use of purple.
-Ben Bailey

Unknown said...

oyeeee alguien me puede decir que aumentos son esos?