Monday, September 1, 2008

And so we begin.

Well, I am officially a blogger. I will apologize now for any of you who will think this will be exciting in any way, because it won't be. I am a first year dental student who studies all the time (or should study all the time instead of creating blogs) and my husband, Jordan, is a teacher/coach. I guess the first thing I should do is say something about who we are. After meeting 4 years ago at Hardin-Simmons in Abilene, Jordan and I were married December 29, 2007~ so we are still newlyweds who are loving our first year of marriage. We're still waiting for that "first year of marriage is the hardest thing.

We live in San Antonio where I attend the University of Texas Health Science Center, aka UTHSCSA, for some reason pronounced "u-tes-ca", don't ask me why. I am a science nerd who thinks Gross Anatomy is awesome even though I come home smelling like formaldehyde 2 days a week. In 4 years (and counting) I will be a Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) which still blows my mind. I really don't know how I got to this point b/c I'm not all that smart... everyone in my class completely intimidates me b/c they are. I am officially below average in every statistic of my class... so maybe the only way is up from here??

Jordan is a freshman Geography teacher at James Madison High School and also coaches freshman football and varsity baseball. This is kind of interesting considering he never played football.. but he loves it none-the-less. He had his first game this last Saturday and both freshman teams slaughtered O'Conner. (And he looked really cute doing it of course, all dressed up like a real coach!)

We also have a one year old child, well sort of. She is our papipoo, Paisley. I wanted to name our blog "Paisley's Playhouse," but Jordan wouldn't let me and I knew I would get made fun of if I did. A papipoo is a papillon-poodle mix, which basically means she's the cutest dog in the whole world. (ok, maybe that's not what that means, but she is.) She is only 5 lbs and anyone who meets her falls in love with her b/c she's so cool. Her ears are about 3x too big for her little black body and she's full of personality. She sleeps with Jordan and I and wakes up about 3 times a night, so I feel like I am a real mommy with a real baby. Except I walk my baby on a leash. I will probably post a lot of pics of her, so don't be suprised.

Well, I think I've put off studying long enough, so goodbye for now!

1 comment:

Jill said...

love it.
and just so you know:
1. your blog is already funny with just your first post, so the bar is set high, girl :)
2. i think you are very smart. the only anatomy i know about is grey's
3. we love you and are happy you are part of the fam!