Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Life is like a tea-jug of milk




Indeed, life was like a tea-jug of milk yesterday and here is why:


I had my first Gross Anatomy test. I studied more than I've ever studied for any test in my whole life. I felt pretty confident I would do well, and by well, I mean a "C". There are 2 portions to the test: a lab practical, which is purely identification, and written, which is complete bull crap. (Excuse me, I'm still angry.) I had the lab portion first, and felt good about it. The professors tagged ridiculous examples that were extremely poor choices, but all in all, I did well. Then... there was... lecture. I had taken years' past tests to see how well I knew my material and had done extremely well, contributing to my confidence. This confidence was immediately shattered by the first page of my 17 page test. I have never felt so angry during a test. It was ludicris! After an hour and fifteen minutes of guessing, I turned my test in, defeated. Not only was I angry, but I was worn out physically. My poor little mind had just spent an hour banging on the walls of my skull, and I was tired. Being the fat kid that I am, I chose Freebird's to cheer me up- which it did- for a while.


So how does this relate to milk? Well, I will tell you. After Freebird's, Jordan and I went to HEB to get 2 things: dessert and milk. We are big cereal eaters and had been out of milk for a week, so you can only guess at how excited we were to buy a big ol' gallon of the white goodness. What goes well as a post-burrito snack? Lucky Charms of course!! As with my test, I was confident and -relatively- excited about my milk being wonderful. I had prepared myself for a week and now it was time. So what happened?? The freaking carton cracked on the way home, leaking milk on our back seat!! I mean really.. can the day get any worse??


So like my broken spirit, the broken milk jug spilled everywhere. Although I couldn't put my spirit in a tea jug, I could our milk. And so now we are not pouring our milk, but holding our bowls under a faucet.


I hate Gross Anatomy.

No comments: