Saturday, June 20, 2009

Fun Food (the day after) Friday

Sorry I haven't blogged at all this week. I was at my parents' house all week making concrete countertops- again. Our last batch was a complete failure, so we had to re-think our strategy, techique, color, etc. and start from scratch. It took us a day just to get the color right, so you can imagine how frustrating it was. Anyway, I didn't get home until late last night, and I had to wait for my mom to send me this recipe. For a long time, some of my parents' really close friends have been promising to make me a watermelon margarita. I was a little hesitant because, well, it doesn't sound all that great... but let me tell you, it was delicious! It is not overwhelming watermelony, just enough!


Watermelon Margarita

½ can each of frozen limeaid and lemonaide
½ cup (4oz.) tequila
1 oz cointreau
Frozen (solid) watermelon in place of ice
If it needs more ice for texture and temperature, use Sonic ice

Mix in blender. And serve the yumminess!
--------------------------------------------
This cake is for you, Lauren- aka Knitty Needles! I found it and immediately thought of you!

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Oh my goodness...those ritas sounds fabulous because i LOVE watermelon. Yum.