Friday, June 5, 2009

Fun Food Friday!!

Welcome to my second post of Fun Food Friday! I'm posting really early so it will remind you to do it later- that means you Jaime, Jill, and Lauren! And anyone else who wants of course! I'm going to start off with a marinade I made for some pork loin chops I baked this week.

1/4 c. honey
1/4 c. brown sugar
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 cloves garlic

It was amazing!!

The second is a random idea to spice up oatmeal, which is hard to do. I eat plain oatmeal in the morning, usually with Splenda to give it flavor. I recently heard the idea to put yogurt in it from a family friend, and I love it! I use the WW yogurt and use about 1/4 of the container. It gives the oatmeal just enough flavor to make it oh so yummy. Then I eat the rest of the yogurt. 2 points for breakfast, you can't beat that!

Lastly I'm going to share our dinner for tomorrow night. I get the Kraft magazine quarterly, which has tons of good recipes in it, but usually super fatening. I'm going to make meatloaf, but a much healthier way. I never had meatloaf as a kid. Literally- I've only had it maybe twice in my life. Jordan, however, loves it, so I'm going to try it.

2 lb ground turkey breast (99/1)
1 pkg (6oz) Stove Top Stuffing Mix for Chicken
1 c. water
1/2 c. egg beaters (equals 2 eggs)
1/2 cup Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce

I'm excited to see how it turns out!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Hi Maegan,
Those ladies aren't the only ones who read your blog...I follow it too! Maybe I'll get ambitious today and post something for Fun Food Friday. I hope you're having a great summer break!
Laura

Jaime said...

Ok, so I had a lot going on Friday...sorry I didn't do the food post. This next Friday we are leaving town...so eventually I will join in. Don't give up on me!

Jill said...

stink! see...i knew i would forget!! friday was crazy with lots going on (i didn't even have time to read blogs!), but this friday i am IN!!