Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Movie Time

In our time off, Jordan and I have gone to see or rented TONS of movies. We don't really have the chance during the school year because the only time we can go is on the weekends, and all the annoying teenagers that Jordan is trying to escape from are at the movies. So, here is my new list from the last couple of weeks:

Up 3D- eehhhh... I love me some cartoon kiddy movies, but this is not one of them. Kind of depressing and boring.
Henry Poole is Here- super depressing. Do NOT see it unless you like extremely dark comedies. Ones with very little comedy...
Star Trek- amazing!! I absolutely loved it! Growing up, my brother loved Star Trek and he was older and bigger than me, so we always watched what he wanted to, and so I grew up on Star Trek: the Next Generation. When I was sick I would watch the old movies, so I actually knew all the characters and such- I know, what a nerd.
X-Men: Wolverine- another great action movie. Who doesn't like Hugh Jackman?!? I wasn't a huge fan of the first 3 X-Men movies b/c they were really hokey, but this one isn't at all. I made Jordan go see it and he ended up really liking it.
The Proposal- LOVED it!! It is the cutest movie I've seen in a really long time. It takes a lot for me to laugh out loud, especially in the theater, but I was cracking up. Jordan and I have a list of our celebrity crushes and Sandra Bullock has always been on his. I used to not really have any, but after Blade:Trinity, Just Friends, and now The Proposal, Ryan Reynolds is definitely on my list!
Terminators 1 & 2- we rented these in order to prepare for Terminator Salvation. There's not a whole lot I can say b/c they are classics. Super corny, but if you're into action at all, must sees.
Terminator Salvation- very good action sequences. Jordan didn't like it as much as I did, but I thougth it was great. The CGI is amazing, as are the stunts and action! I'm not a huge Christian Bale fan (well, not at all), but there's another character that I could add to my "list"- Sam Worthington.

Next on our list: Transformers, Public Enemy, Wolfman, Sherlock Holmes, Hope Floats (Jordan has never seen it and he loves Harry Conick, Jr.)

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Thanks for the reviews. I am just DYING to see the Proposal!! You know us, probably Netflix it when it comes out. Oh, but wait- I do remember my bro & sis-in-law giving us a Christmas gift that I might just need to redeem. :-)

Ps-Sorry I didn't get to talk to you at all tonight. :-(