Monday, July 20, 2009

Back to School

Today I started my second year of dental school. I have to say, getting up at 6am wasn't as hard as I thought, but I'm pretty sure I will feel it tomorrow. The morning was pretty mundane- one of our faculty telling us how hard the year will be (and why) and the gruelling task of checking in 10 pages worth of stuff that we had no clue what it was. The afternoon was even more exciting... 2 1/2 hours of lecture on dentures. Yes, dentures, aka 'Complete Removable Prosthesis for the Edentulous Patient.' Amazing stuff! Ok, maybe not.... but before the denture lecture we heard an hour on what the class was, how things are graded, yadda yadda... but!!.... this professor is from Ireland!! If you know me at all, you know I LOVE Ireland and anything related to it. [Dorky side note: in high school I collected anything and everything Irish and I had shelves completely devoted to my collection. I still have a bunch of it in storage.] Anyway, that was probably the best part of the school day.

When I got home, Jordan had completely cleaned the house (including vacuuming) and bought me flowers! He's so sweet!! He then made me a gourmet dinner... MANWHICH!!! Yum!!
I don't know how many of you out there watch 'The Bachelorette', but my friends and I have been keeping up with it all summer. We meet every Monday and have girl's night, and tonight was no different. It was the "Men Tell All" episode, which we thoroughly enjoyed. We tend to get into it just a little, making it more fun. Next week is the finale, so they gave a little preview and oh man- we flipped out at one point. Seriously... 5 girls simultaneously yelled at the tv... and poor Jordan was in our bedroom watching 'The Office' cracking up. But hey, what can I say?? It was a blast!! Here are the 3 guys that will be in the finale... just in case you care. Jillian has a really tough choice to make!

2 comments:

Jill said...

so sorry you are back at school, but at least you're two days into your second year. who do you think she is going to choose? i love reid. i wouldn't care if she chose kiptyn either but i can't stand ed.

Jaime said...

Back to the grind...reality stinks, huh? Well, I don't watch the Bachelorette, sorry, but your table looks darling! That sweet brother of mine.