Thursday, July 9, 2009

Lookin' Good

Yesterday I noticed my left eyelid was a little sore, but not inflamed. I thought it was from rubbing my eyes so hard this weekend from all the concrete dust. I woke up this morning and my eye was halfway swollen shut. Not ok when you're leaving on a cruise in <2> and reassured me it would start to take effect in 2 days. Once again, not ok. He told me the sooner I got the ointment in my eye the better and sent me to Wal-Mart's pharmacy. I dropped it off and 45 mins later went to pick it up, but they were out of stock. I waited 20 mins for the pharmacist to call around to different places trying to find somewhere that had this ointment in stock. HEB came through. After several other pre-cruise errands, I finally got the goods and came home to put the ointment in and put a hot compress on my eye per the doc's orders. Nobody said anything about the ointment stinging!! Ouch! You can tell a little bit in the picture that it is swollen, but it is actually worse in person, unfortunately. Our cruise pics are going to look awesome.

On a better note, Jordan and I spent all day yesterday trying to find last-minute cruise items. I definitely got the best deals. For formal night, I found a red sultry knee-length dress for $20 at TJ Maxx, and $10 red and gold sandals to match. Yes, $30 for the whole outfit! I also found a bathing suit and coverup at Wal-Mart on sale, as well as 2 other dresses at Stein Mart for sale. Jordan and I both have over spent our clothing quota for the year, but will look great... if my eye goes back to normal. I might look awful, but we'll have to wait and see (which is very hard [seeing that is...] considering I'm having to use only one eye). I never ever wear high heels, and I bought 2 super high heels for the cruise, so this might be interesting. One of my favorite purchases are the yellow pumps. I have been looking for some all summer and haven't been able to find any affordable ones. The last week I have looked EVERYWHERE for them b/c I have a black and white dress I wanted to wear them with on the cruise. Until last night, I had not been able to find any. As a last desperate attempt, Jordan and I went to North Star mall and voila! There they were for $16! Now I am completely ready for the cruise!

1 comment:

Ben said...

Since you're going on a cruise - put on that red dress and with an eye patch...tell people you're having trouble with your AYE....!

have a great trip!