Monday, May 25, 2009

Great Week

Sorry I haven't blogged all week, but I have been at my parents doing a whole lot of nothing. It was so nice to be able to relax and sleep as much as I wanted. I started out my week by laying out in the backyard. Of course it only lasted about 30 minutes before I got bored. While laying on my stomach, I kept hearing a noise under my lounge chair. I finally realized that Paisley had crawled underneath the head-end of the chair to get out of the sun. It was so cute!!



One of the more exciting things I did this week was make the first of three sections of my parents' concrete countertops. My dad has been researching our project for months and we finally got to start it! Unfortunately it has to dry for 3 weeks, so we won't be able to see how it turned out until then. It was a lot of fun to try it out!


The main reason I went home this week was because one of our family friends graduated Friday night. Some of you might remember Alex from my wedding (she was a bridesmaid). I can't believe she is already graduating!! She was in 4th grade when I first went to Faith and started playing soccer with her older sister, Ali. As our families have become closer and closer (our dad's are BFF's... yes, like 7th grade girls) we have also become like family. I was so proud to see her graduate and can't wait to see what God has for her!

On Saturday we went to a winery for our Mother's Day gift. It was so fun! They have a wine tasting room and a wide variety that you can buy. We sat outside and ate panini's, drank wine, and listened to live music. My mom loved it!


I am putting this picture in for Ben and Brody (Jill, you'll have to show him). This is the only thing Jordan requested when he came- - Babes! No, it is not a strip joint... it is the most amazing fried chicken and chicken fried steak in the entire world. We always talk about it with my brother-in-laws, so here's a lil taste of what it is like. (This pic does not do the food justice)



Today (Monday) we cooked out right before we left. It was fantastic! We had hamburgers, hot dogs, and bratwurst. We basically are carnivores in our family. It was a great way to end a wonderful week with the 'rents!


Random updates:


1. I made it out of my first year of dental school with a 3.30 GPA- I'm very excited!


2. Remember Charlie from the weight room? Jordan saw him kiss another man in the parking lot, so I'm pretty sure he wasn't hitting on me....

2 comments:

Jaime said...

Looks like a lot of fun. You make us jealous for Babes...we loved it that time we went with Don and Lisa. yummy

Ben said...

I love Babes. I just die for their salad and fat free dressing..ha ha ha ha ha ha ha..uh...ha...oh man...ha...

I'm hungry.