Thursday, May 7, 2009

Sorry Charlie

Yesterday I went to work out in our apartment's workout facility. It is by far the worse workout room in the whole world, and after yesterday, I am afraid to go back. Here is how I spent my 45 mins in the gym:

10 mins on elliptical.
Old man gets off tredmill so I decide to walk on it.
I ask the other semi-body builder working out if I can turn the TV on. (mistake)

man: "Of course, indulge yourself." (ummm... weird choice of words, but ok)
me: "Thanks"

I begin walking on the treadmill while watching Charlie's Angels.

2 mins later:
man: "Ohhhhh my calves hurt soo bad- I killed them! I worked out this morning and now I just maxed them out again and I can't walk...." He shows me his calves.
me: "Wow- ouch."

2 mins later:
man: "Do you like garlic?"
me: "yes...."
man: "did you know garlic helps to burn calories? Oh yeah, it burns them right off."
me: "cool." (who cares??)

2 mins later:
man: "Is this Charlie's Angels?"
me: "Yes..."
man: "What a coincidence! My name is Charlie! What's yours?"

2 mins later:
Charlie: "Yeah... so 2 years ago I used to weigh 140 lbs- now I'm at 200!!"
me: "Oh wow, congrats." (please stop talking to me)

2 mins later:
Charlie: "So.. in the morning I work out really hard, and then I come back and work out the same muscles again that same day. The morning work out helps me build mass" -flexes his biceps- "and the afternoon workout gives me the cut I want" -flexes his triceps and motions with his hand at the 'cuts'-
me: "Huh. Cool..."

I get off treadmill:
Charlie: "You got really good cardio in today- I'm impressed!"
me: "well, I'm trying."
Charlie: "You have great calves. I mean, they are beautiful!"
me: "Uh.. thanks..?" (I gotta get out of here! I'll stretch at home!)

I exit as soon as possible.

The sad thing is, I really don't think he was hitting on me or anything like that. I think he was just socially awkward. He also talked to the mailman that came in to get a drink and the maintenance man. So I must say, Sorry Charlie- you're just weird.

2 comments:

Jill said...

i am laughing out loud...but be careful...there are weirdos out there!! (i sound just like my mom, i know)

Jaime said...

Funny. I hope you are feeling better. Missed you yesterday!