Friday, May 29, 2009

Fun Food Fridays!!

I read another woman's blog that had "Fashion Fridays" and that got me thinking. I really don't care about fashion, just comfort, so I decided on something I like much better, food! I thought it would be cool if anyone who wants to participate use Fridays to blog about new recipes, fun finds, and any tips you might have. One thing I think could be particularly helpful is if we find any good WeightWatcher-point finds.

For example: Last night Jordan and I made bison burgers (yum!!) 1/4lb of bison is 3.5 points, these AMAZING buns are only 1 point (yes 1, for the whole bun!), and 1 slice of 2% Kraft cheese is 1 point. That makes a 5.5 point burger- not bad!!


Another wonderful bread find is Nature's Own Light Sourdough. It is only 1 point per 2 slices! Most breads are at least 1 point per slice, if not more.

So there you go, my first Fun Food Friday blog. I really hope you guys want to join in so we can swap ideas and such. To be honest, the only people who read my blog and blog themselves are Jill, Jaime, and Lauren. Soooo... if you read it and I don't know about your blog, please leave a comment with your URL. Thanks!

4 comments:

Jill said...

i've been in a bit of a blog funk, so i'm going to try to start doing this. let's hope i can remember next friday :)

Jaime said...

Oh, I will try to get some good recipes to share. The problem is most are not WW, but I will try and think healthy...I need to anyway, and Ben is really back to counting points!

Tamra said...

I've been pathetic at updating my blog lately. No motivation/inspiration, maybe? But I do read other people's blogs! If you like strawberry, go for the strawberry Hostess 100's cupcake things. I think they're only 1 point because they have so much fiber. And they're yum!

Ben said...

See -- I have proof. Jaime is serving me all these delicious NON WW meals. How am I supposed to know if I shouldn't have 4 or 5 extra helpings...huh? Can I get a AMEN!